So you want to come to Lindsborg with the family? Luckily, Lindsborg is a great place to bring the kids! Here are ten things they - and you - will love:
1. Coronado Heights - Everybody, unabashedly, loves this place, including everyone from your toddler to your teen… to YOU! Gorgeous views, walking trails, and a small fantasy castle which was a public works project. Enjoy the hill’s different terrain and ecosystems. As soon as you go uphill, you’ll find your car again!
2. Swensson Park - The best park around. Your kids are gonna love it, and therefore you will, too! A happy place to burn off a lot of energy!
3. Trollslända Toy Store - Ours is not like other toy stores. Trollslända specializes in classic American and European toys, and your family will love interacting with the toys...
4. "Finding" - Not gonna lie… Lindsborg is a FANTASTIC place for Pokémon Go! There are pokéstops all over the downtown, at every church, and practically every other museum and site. Plus there are Wild Dalas to find! Pick up the checklist at the City Hall. Your kids won’t mind window shopping with you. Not. at. all!
5. The Old Mill Museum and grounds - One of my favorite places as a kid. Watch the river from above and explore the mill grounds. Buying a ticket gets you into the buildings part, including the one-room schoolhouse. Back when he attended this school, my uncle carved his initials - ER - into his desks… what a dunce!
6. Bethany College visit - If you have a kid in high school, why not drop in and see Bethany College, and maybe even sit in on a class? The college is a large part of Lindsborg’s heritage and pride, and they will be happy to show you around! Call them at 507-344-7331 to get a great visit.
7. Rented quad bikes on the trail - You can rent quad bikes (bicycles built for four!!) from the Hemslöjd gift shop and hit the trail! The old railway, renamed the Välkommen Trail, runs right through the town and is now paved and beautiful.
8. The swimming pool - During the summer, we’ve got a great outdoor swimming pool with awesome lifeguards. The kiddie pool is nice, too, and has some wonderful shade for those hot days!
9. Swede Skate Park - Bring your skateboard to Lindsborg! When you skate along the Välkommen Trail, you’ll come to the skate park by Saline St. I’m too chicken to try it, myself, so I’ll just tell you that the kids look like they’re having a good time!
10. The White Peacock Tea and Coffee Company - This coffee shop lets you slow down and relax with your kids in a nice atmosphere with drinks and plenty of games and books to look at. There’s also outdoor courtyard seating much of the year.
Those are just 10 things to do with kids in Lindsborg, and I know you will discover more special places! Remember there are plenty of art studios, churches, and clubs for your family's interests. Enjoy your visit! Your feedback is very welcome.